Continuing our legacy and passion for audio the US-20x20 (twenty-by-twenty) Celesonic is the flagship of the Tascam line of interfaces. Designed for use in professional recording facilities or project studios this audio interface supports 192 kHz and utilizes USB 3.0 a leading-edge transmission standard. With added features such as Mic Preamp Mode and Mixer Mode it becomes a very versatile tool – along with being an interface for multi-channel recording.
Microphone preamplifiers are crucial for highest audio quality. The eight Tascam Ultra-HDDA mic preamps have an equivalent input noise (EIN) of –125 dBu. And 20 dB of headroom on the microphone and line inputs allow to easily handle high SPL transients from percussion and instruments.
Utilizing a high-performance Blackfin processor the US-20x20 offers an advanced DSP mixer including EQ compression and reverb effects on each channel. The processor not only excels on the dynamics and effects but enables multi-channel transmission via USB 3.0 for the studio.
Additional significant features enable the seamless workflow of the professional engineer. Mode switching provides the options of using the US-20x20 as a standalone mic preamp an audio interface or as a mixer for sound reinforcement applications.
Complete connectivity to various types of audio equipment is achieved by utilizing the analogue inputs and outputs digital input and output via coaxial and optical connectors MIDI and word clock BNC connectors.
The radical eye-catching style and angled industrial design of the US-20x20 make desktop recording a breeze. A rack-mount adapter is also included.
Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide pristine audio quality
Our original Ultra-HDDA mic preamps allow you to input high-quality audio from any audio source just by turning a knob. These are the same mic preamps that are in our HS-P82 professional recorders which are popular in the broadcast and film industry. These versatile preamps can handle both condenser and dynamic mics and will allow you to enjoy high-quality recording even if you are not an expert. These versatile preamps also feature line-level inputs for keyboards and other equipment.
• Built-in Ultra-HDDA mic preamps have discrete construction that achieve –125 dBu EIN (Equivalent Input Noise)
• Guitars can be directly connected enabling the use of 3rd-party plug-in effects
• Wide dynamic range that can handle the sound pressures of drum recording easily
• High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –125 dBu)
• Recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit
• Support for Windows and Mac operating systems
• USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 computer connection for 40-channel audio transmission at 44.1/48 kHz or 24-channel audio transmission at 176.4/192 kHz (USB3.0 requires Windows 10 or OS X 10.11.2 or later)
- 20 inputs/20 outputs available at 44.1/48 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 8 optical channels)
- 16 inputs/16 outputs available at 88.2/96 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 4 S/MUX optical channels)
- 12 inputs/12 outputs available at 176.4/192 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels)
• Three selectable operation modes: audio interface standalone micpreamp digital mixer
• DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel (can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
• Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely (can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
• DSP mixer settings can be stored in up to 10 scenes
• USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iPads and other iOS devices
• Reverb effect can be added to the monitored audio
• Low-latency monitoring via the DSP mixer
Inputs and outputs
• Eight XLR/TRS combo jack analogue inputs with switchable phantom power (48 V)
• Inputs 1 and 2 can be used for direct guitar input
• Two TRS (balanced) inputs on rear panel
• Input level range of 56 dB for using dynamic mics
• Ten TRS (balanced) analogue outputs
• TOS LINK optical digital multi-channel input and output (8 channels at 44.1/48 kHz supporting S/MUX2 and S/MUX4)
• S/PDIF coaxial digital input and output
• BNC word clock input and output
• Two standard TRS headphones outputs with 2 x 70 mW output power
• Separate controls for line and headphones output levels
• MIDI input/output
• DAW compatibility (Sonar ProTools Cubase Live Studio One Garage Band)
• Rack-mount adapter included
• Dedicated AC adapter included
• Angled industrial design provides excellent usability on a desktop
New features in Version 2.0
• Simultaneous playback of ASIO and WDM is now possible by selecting an alternative driver.
• Notification function keeps you updated with the latest information for your product
• Automatic update notification helps you to keep your software and firmware up to date (you can install new updates with the press of a button)
New features in Version 2.1
• The internal mixer can be bypassed for situations when using an external microphone preamp
• Select whether to allow the signal to be sent from PC to the stereo bus
• In Mic Preamp mode the US-20x20 can now be used as a D/A converter
• The clock source can be selected without the settings panel when using the US-20x20 standalone