WEEE "Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment:
- This only applies to CONSUMER sales.
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
- Both Technoworld and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle
- Technoworld will undertake their responsibility as a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations
How do I recycle my old products?
- It means that you can return waste electrical equipment to Technoworld when you are purchasing a new product from us under our distributer obligations*
- When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time for you to deliver the old item back to us ( Only the return cost is paid by you the consumer as rest is sorted by Technoworld PLC )
- Please quote your Order or Invoice number and describe the item that is to be recycled
- Please give details of the Pick-up address and convenient times for collection - This service is chargeable !!
- Please carefully package any item for collection in advance to avoid transit damage
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner, at no cost to you
*It has to be 'like for like' (e.g. a laptop for a laptop, not a TV for a laptop).
The RoHS Directive
The RoHS Directive, also known as EU Directive 2002/95/EG, came into affect on July 1st, 2006. The RoHS directive mandates that electrical and electronic products put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
Technoworld PLC is fully committed to comply with the RoHS Directive. If you have any queries, please contact us:
Unit 4, Hurricane Trading Estate,
Grahame Park Way,
off Avion Crescent